Tuesday, April 29, 2008

SAY WHAT ?

I know you didn't .......slam me intentionally that is !

My wife has her own blog " Life with Shaky" which is her on line journal about our life and dealing with my PD. She has an ongoing series it seems - Confessions of a PD wife.

I often learn things I may never have known reading her stuff and sometimes I feel compelled to defend myself a little. You must understand though that she has vowed to not hold back and be honest and she admits that sometimes she blogs about how she is feeling at that very moment and it may come across as harsh to some readers. This point was driven home recently by a friend of mine who reads both blogs. He commented to me that I better get shakin so to speak ( cute play on words huh ?) so first, I defend her. Everything she writes is out of love and concern for me even if she has to slam me. As well, she has a lot to deal with both now and going forward and as I said, even I learn interesting things reading her blog.

So how do I respond to her Confessions of a PD wife ? Either my jaw drops or I laugh out loud...

For instance:

Honey,
I will teach you how to mow the grass on the riding mower, don't let that keep you up nights.

You won't need to take care of vehicles, you have a motor head step son who will have your back.

I did finally find the right weight machine and I am using it , some.....:-)

I have made some changes with my free time vs. hobbies vs. your honey do list .....don't I listen well ? LOL

The one serious thing .....my memory is fine !!! You must understand- guys don't remember everything like women. We are far too lazy. If it's important in our minds we remember. If not we let it go.

Big difference in our writing style. But in the end it works for us.

Meet me in the shop honey , I'll show you how to mow if you will remember some stuff for me....sounds like a good trade to me.
Anyone else out there care to comment on the difference in male memory and female memory ?
C'mon be brave - step up and help me out.

1 comment:

Larry_Lewis said...

I agree, guys will never remember all the details that women remember. Its just not worth the effort to try and remember EVERYTHING!

I'd like to think we're in the group who will be there when you need us. It is on my mind every day, that one day, it could be me too. Two of the 4 of us already have PD. And let not forget mom. We got to see it first with her.

Larry