Thursday, March 6, 2008

Boxing Therapy and other short topics

ABC News aired a short segment on Boxing as a way to combat the effects of PD. I didn't see the program but read the transcript. I must say that if they have had the success claimed, where do I sign up ? Don't know how I could start a similar group here but have shot an e mail off to the President of YPIndiana and hope to hear back from him.

If you are confused by one of my recent posts it will help if you first read the post on my wife's blog where she notes confessions and fears she has regarding my PD. Her blog is linked here and is titled Life with Shaky....

I recently bought a little S-10 pick up truck, lowered, which several people have been kind enough to point out is about 30 years too young for me. Toying with the idea of painting it myself because I always wanted to paint my own ride and painting is one of the few things I have never tried when it comes to hot rodding. We'll see. Speaking of hot rodding, my son developed the same passion and is much better than I ever will be with trying anything and making it work. Afraid of nothing, an excellant mechanical mind, I am so proud of what he has done with his hot rods. Once I get the new truck finished and my old race car motor back together we are planning to park all four hot rods together and take a picture of our rides and us. When that happens, my photo will change on the blog....He even coined a slogan for the way we feel about cars...
"It's not what you buy, It's what you build" Pretty cool huh ?

I need to get back to story telling. I think next time I will post about how we came to have our youngest, little 15 month Rielly-Anne...
Later

3 comments:

shiju said...

pls try to change the color of blog descriobtion.

Mary said...

Yeah, I second that.
I wonder how difficult it would be to get a boxing gym going on here - seems like the difficult thing would be getting enough people interested and volunteers willing to work with the local pwps.

Anonymous said...

Keith, I am glad your wife came across my blog, PD Plus Me, and thus I found the two of you and your sites. It sounds like you are still driving, which I am glad to see.

What an interesting perspective you and Mary bring, with her blog and then yours to contrast.

I hope you will stay in touch. Dan

pdplusme.blogspot.com