Tuesday, March 4, 2008

WHO IS THE VICTIM IN ALL THIS ANYWAY ?

If you read my previous post you know by now that I am not the victim, not anymore at least. So who is ?
Based on some recent posts by my sweet wife I am afraid she may be the victim in all this....she obviously has some guilt about me moving a little slower than she would like and other such things. She posted "Confessions of a wife whose husband has PD " or something like that on her blog "Life with Shaky" - go read it, I should probably read it again, take notes and then respond. But I'm too lazy and this way if I remember wrong I have an out so to speak :-)

Anyway, WIFE, I say to you:
* Sorry for the times when I frustrate you and if I move too slow at times. It's OK. I get frustrated too, as long as you know I am doing all I can, It's all good !
* You won't crack under pressure, you are strong, you are my rock and I trust you .
* Don't worry about money. Do all you can , plan for the worst, hope for the best and know that everything is in God's plan for us.
* PD IS NO BIG DEAL TO ANYONE EXCEPT PWP AND THEIR FAMILIES. If someone doesn't seem to think it's a big deal it is likely due to ignorance. Unlike PD, ignorance can be cured, STUPID is forever. Don't sweat the small stuff honey. Concentrate being happy today.
* Anyone who thinks having a child ( if you want to have one ) at any age, with any illness is STUPID, not ignorant. See above about no known cure for STUPID.
Our children , all three of them are gifts and cannot be mistakes by anyone of normal mental capacity.
* Why would you want to skip out on me, we just got started good :-)
* I know you sometimes must feel sorry for yourself, we all do some day or another. Please refer to my post on choosing to live while I can. Don't waste your time on sorry, lets figure out how to live like tomorrow may not come...
* Don't let our kids feel sorry either , let's teach them to LIVE
* We ARE perfectly happy- not " except for PD " BUT IN SPITE OF PD !!!
* No hard feelings on the surgery my honey, look where it got us ! A good trade in my book !
* If something happened to you, I would get help taking care of the kids, don't worry, LIVE. You can't change yesterday, tomorrow isn't promised so quit worrying.
* You want more kids ? Remember how we do that ? ( Couldn't help myself sorry , gotta have a little fun with you ! )

To give action to something I recently learned , if you don't know, let me tell you:
I love you to pieces, you make me very happy, you are a wonderful mother and I know when the time comes you will take good care to me. You are the best. You are the love to me life.

I know it's not easy to be married to a PWP and mostly I feel worse for you than me , but let's not be defeated. I refuse to wave the white flag. Now..............lets GET TO IT ! LIVING that is....

2 comments:

KEITH said...

I love you to pieces too! I'm not going anywhere either. :)
But I'm not a victim. I certainly don't consider myself one, that is. Just rambling thoughts and worries that keep me up at night on occasion.
On to the baby making . . . . . . ;)

Patient With A Plan said...

Keith,
Your post hit a soft spot. My husband is 10 years older than me, yet I am slower than he is. I often feel guilty about this, yet he says that my PD and our age difference balance eachother. Additionally, your philosophies on life are similar to the words I have heard him say to me.

Neither he or I are victims. God put us together at just the right time and knew exactly what He was doing. Despite PD, we are both happier than we have ever been.

Great insight and inspiring words. Hugs to you both.

Nicole