Monday, January 28, 2008

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

Actually, in my last post, I let on how I met Mary. I just thought it was a catchy title. It's what happened after I met her that is the real story....
Mary and I hit it off pretty well. She was more , no, much more mature than many women twice her age, she is intelligent, well read and very smart. She can carry a conversation on almost any subject and we had a good time on our first few dates. She says she knew she wanted to marry me pretty quick. I took my time being skeptical and stubborn. The first time I met her Dad was by accident, I was dropping her off and he was stopping by. I knew he would have a hard time accepting the 22 yr age difference and he would barely speak to me. Looking back, had I been him I don't think I would have been able to keep from kicking my butt ! These days he says he loves me to death but I watch my back around the guy ( only kidding Mike !!! ) . Seriously, he is a great guy that I respect for how he has accepted me. After all, he is only three years older than me !
Anyway, my oldest brother had just been diagnosed with PD when Mary and I met and I told her I thought I had it too. She said she could handle that if I did have PD later on in life. At the time, neither of us knew as much about PD as we do now and obviously I had it then just had not been diagnosed.
We dated, she kept me at arms length with her then 4 year old son and looking back, that was wise. When we really got serious, we talked about more kids and for many reasons , determined that we would not have more children if we later got married. SOOOOO, I got snipped and put that little issue to rest.
This is where the age difference really comes into play along with a womans propensity to change her mind on any subject....
Fast forward, we eloped sort of to Vegas ( a whold nuther story) been married about a year when she pops up and says she wants us to have a baby!!!
Needless to say I was floored, after all , I had been "fixed" ...again, in the interest of time and in response to the difficulty I now have typing I will fast forward.....
After raising $6 grand in cash, with the aid of some very skilled surgeons at UVA , I got reconnected and pretty quick little Rielly-Anne Abigail was on her journey into our family.
She was born on 30 Nov. 2006 and boy is she beautiful, smart and loving.
However, just before she was born I finally visited with a Neurologist who told me I had PD and life changed quite a bit after that.
Next chat, I will try to tell you about how we knew it was time for me to see the Neurologist and what all this has been like....

No comments: