Friday, January 25, 2008

CATCHING YOU UP

Now that all of the start up junk is handled, this is my opportunity to tell you a little bit about the past ....
If you couldn't tell from the picture at the top of my blog, I am and always have been a little bit of a gearhead. That IS me in the drivers seat and YES I still have this machine although at the moment shall we say I am between motors ? But I am sure I will write more on this subject later....
Not to go back so far, but I am the third in a string of four boys, born in 1955, lived in Virginia all my life. Married to my third wife and between us we have three children. I have a grown son, 24 years old and he is the very best....more on him later too. Then there is my stepson, 11 and he is a great kid as well. I am enjoying watching him grow up. And last, there is little Rielly-Anne who at just over a year old has brought me untold wonder and happiness so late in life by most peoples standards that I can't even tell you how happy I am to have made the choice to have another child !
It took me most of my life to find what I believe to be the happiest part of my life and part of my struggle now is feeling as if I can't fully enjoy it now. But still , I have so much to be happy about !

At times, my sweetie has blogged (nagged) that I am in denial about PD or not serious about fighting it but really, I just want to enjoy the time I have left (whatever that is ) and I have seen first hand that PD plays no favorites, gives no quarter and responds to very little, so it's not that I am lazy or unconcerned , but I want to really enjoy myself from here on out. But I digress.....

My grown son's mother and I have remained friendly over the years, married for ten years, divorced for around 15 now, she is a good friend to me and oddly enough to my wife. She is like an aunt to our new little girl and I wouldn't change this for the world.

Now that you know most of the characters , we can get on with the show....

No comments: